Your data privacy is important to us
Tellja GmbH (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We appreciate your interest in our referral system and want you to feel safe when visiting our website, especially when it comes to the privacy of your personal data. We take the privacy of your personal data very seriously. Compliance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and (the “GDPR”) is a matter of course for us.
This policy (together with our General Terms and Conditions for Tellja Referrers [https://www.tellja.eu/en/publication-details/tac.html]) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed by us.
We want you to know when and which personal data we collect and how we use the personal data. We have taken technical and organisational measures to ensure that we, as well as any third-party service providers who work for us, comply with the applicable data protection laws, including the GDPR.
Tellja GmbH of Solmsstr 12 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany is the data controller for the purpose of the GDPR.
E-mails you send to us
Due to the reading permissions given to protect the legitimate interests of our company as the data controller, all e-mails you send to business e-mail addresses of our employees may also be read by the management or the substitutes of the addressees (e.g., while an addressee is on vacation).
Personal data and its purpose
We collect, process and use personal data only as permitted by applicable laws and contractual provisions and to the extent necessary for performing and processing the contract between the parties. The contract partners of Tellja GmbH are the referrer and those partners whose products and services are recommended via the referral system. The collection, processing and use of data necessary for the performance of contracts are described in the General Terms and Conditions for Tellja Referrers applicable to the use of the referral system, and as further set out below. The terms and conditions that apply to each referrer are also displayed in the referral widget/pop-up.
Personal data we collect about you
We collect, process and use the following data about you:
- Information provided by you. This is information that you give to us by filling in forms on our system, widget and/or portal, or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give to us may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number, a contract number which identifies you as an existing customer of a particular advertiser, and, for the purpose of receiving rewards, financial and bank information.
- Information we collect about you. Tellja automatically collects and processes each instance in which a Referrer accesses the Referrer Portal and/or the Widget and interacts with the e-mails. This includes the collection and processing of the following information: (a) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect the Referrer’s device to the Internet, user agent string, server timestamp of request, session ID, HTTP referrer; and (b) information about the Referrer’s visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), cookie information, clickstream to, through and from the Referral Portal and/or the Widget (including date and time), length of visits (opening and close times), last successful login, failed logins whether an e-mail sent by us was opened; and (c) any telephone number used to call Tellja’s customer service number.
How we use personal data we collect about you
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations under the General Terms and Conditions for Tellja Referrers and to provide any information and services that you request from us;
- to allow you to use our system and access the referrer portal;
- to determine whether you are entitled to receive rewards;
- for purposes of data protection, data security and guaranteeing the proper operation of our data processing system;
- to notify you about changes to our system, the General Terms and Conditions for Tellja Referrers or other purposes connected with your use of our System;
- to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and the devices used to access our system;
- to administer our system and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
Sharing of your personal data
Our employees and service providers who work for us are required not to disclose personal data to any third parties and to comply with the provisions of the GDPR.
We reserve the right, and you agree that we have the right, to share your personal information with:
- advertisers, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of Tellja’s obligations under the General Terms and Conditions for Tellja Referrers, including for the purpose verifying the validity of claims for rewards;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about our users will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the General Terms and Conditions for Tellja Referrers, or to protect the our rights, property, or the safety our organisation, customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We reserve the right to subcontract third parties to render services, and to transfer personal data to such third parties to the extent necessary. Personal data will not be disclosed to any other third parties, unless this is permitted under applicable law or the Referrer has consented to disclosure.
Liability for links
Our site contains links to third-party websites over which we have no control. Therefore, we assume no liability for any third-party content. The provider or operator of any linked site is the sole party responsible for its content. Linked sites were checked for possible violations of law at the time the link was placed. There was no apparent unlawful content at that time. Checking linked pages on an on-going basis would however be unduly burdensome without any concrete evidence that applicable law has been violated. We will promptly remove links if we become of aware of violations of law.
Where we store your personal data
All personal data that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the Federal Republic of Germany. Any payment transactions will be made by bank transfer or by such other means of transfer as may be used by us in the future. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted using our system; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received personal data from you, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to have access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
The GDPR gives you rights regarding the personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR. Your rights include the following:
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of your above rights, please send a written request to Tellja GmbH, Solmsstr. 12, 60486 Frankfurt/Main, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plug Ins and Dialogs
Our web pages feature social plugins and dialogs of the social media network facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, U.S.A. ("Facebook"). You can recognize the Facebook plugin by the Facebook logo or the "Like" button ("Like, Share, Send") on our page. You will find a list of Facebook plugins and Facebook dialogs here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/ and http://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/web.
The Facebook button will remain inactive unless you click on it. Only after clicking on the button will a direct connection be established between the web page you are currently visiting and the Facebook server. Facebook will then receive the information that you have visited our page with your IP address and will also have access to cookies stored on your computer. If you are logged in as a Facebook member, Facebook will associate this information with your personal Facebook user account. When you use the plug and dialog functions (e.g., by clicking on the "Like, Share, Send" button or leaving a comment), this information too will be associated with your Facebook account. The only way to prevent this is to log out of your Facebook account before using the plugin and dialogs. If you access other Tellja pages, the Facebook button will be reset to inactive, making it impossible to create a complete profile of how you surf our website.
Please be advised that as the provider of these pages, we have no information, and are provided with no information, about the content of any transferred data or how such data is used by Facebook. Neither does Tellja GmbH transfer any personal data to Facebook.
Our website features Twitter functions. These functions are offered by Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, U.S.A (“Twitter”). If you are logged in as a Twitter member and use the "Re-Tweet" function on our website at the same time, Twitter will link the websites you visit with your Twitter account and make them known to other users. In the process, data will also be transferred to Twitter. Please be advised that as the provider of these pages, we have no information, and are provided with no information, about the content of any transferred data or how such data is used by Twitter.
If you are a Twitter member and do not want Twitter to collect information about you through our website and link it to your membership data stored by Twitter, you must log out of Twitter before you visit our website.
This site includes at least one plugin from YouTube that belongs to Google Inc., based in San Bruno/California, U.S.A. A connection to the servers from YouTube is established every time you visit pages on our website that feature a YouTube plugin. In the process, the YouTube server is informed which particular pages on our website you have visited. If you are logged into your YouTube account as well, this will make it possible for YouTube to directly associate your web surfing habits with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account beforehand.
If you have questions about the processing of your personal data, would like to request information, or have any suggestions or complaints concerning data privacy at Tellja GmbH, please write to Tellja GmbH, Solmsstr 12 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, email us at email@example.com or call us at +44-(0)20-38850004, Monday through Friday, 09:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the relevant supervisory authority. (For the United Kingdom, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), whose website is at www.ico.org.uk.)
We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the relevant supervisory authority, so please contact us in the first instance.